5th Annual Rocky Mountain Thyagaraja Utsavam
The Premier South Indian Fine Arts Festival in Colorado
When is it ?
- RMTU 2012 main program is during the weekend of Apr 7th and 8th.
- This will be followed by a grand vocal concert by Kalaimamani Dr Nithyasree Mahadevan on Apr 15th, Sunday.
- We will conclude our festivities by a world class Bharatanatyam recital by Priyadarsini Govind on Apr 22nd, Sunday.
- RMTU 2012 Takes place at the South Middle School in Aurora, CO
- The event runs 2 days for Apr 7th and 8th, 2012 (Saturday and Sunday)
RMTU Program Schedule
Saturday, April 7
Sunday, April 8
- 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM Registrations - Day I
- 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM Pancharatna Kritis
- 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM Competitions - Sub-junior Vocal, Junior Dance Bharatanatyam, Junior Violin, Senior Dance Bharatanatyam
- 2:30 PM to 6 PM - Percussion solos, Individual performances
Food Timings - Both Days
- 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM Registrations - Day II
- 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Competitions - Junior Vocal, Junior Dance Kuchipudi, Senior Dance Kuchipudi, Senior Vocal
- 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM - Dance - Solo and Group performances
- 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM - Individual and Group performances - Vocal and Instrumental
- 6:00 PM - Anjaneya Utsavam and Mangalam
- 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM Breakfast available for purchase
- 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM Lunch available for purchase
- 3:30 AM to 6:30 PM Snacks available for purchase
- 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Kids Snacks available for purchase
- All music and dance results will be published on Monday April 9, 2012 at 6 PM on the CFAA website. Any questions and comments should be directed via email to the RMTU Team.
- All emails will be responded to within a week of receiving
- All results will be final and will not be reviewed
- The winners will receive their prizes at the concerts on Apr 15th and Apr 22nd
What is changing ?
- RMTU 2012 has 3 categories starting this year
- Thyagaraja Kritis Performances & Competition(Vocal)
- Thyagaraja Kritis Performances & Competition (Instrumental)
- Natya Performances & Competition (Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi)
- Each of the above categories will have performances & competitions in 4 age groups.
- Several categories will take place in parallel to accommodate the high number of participants we had last year.
- All participants will be given prizes of recognition.
- Prizes for grand winners will be handed out on Apr 15th and 22nd
Registration and Participation for RMTU
- Attending the community programs of RMTU on Apr 7th & 8th is FREE for everyone in our community. If you are not a CFAA patron, please consider joining us as a Patron or we would like you to consider donating generously to this cause. We are a non profit 100% funded by donations from the community members. Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.
- Registration is online and starts Oct 15th, 2011 and ends March 15th, 2012.
- If you are not a participant and would like to just come by and watch/listen, RMTU continues to be absolutely FREE for both the competition days - Apr 7th and 8th !
- CFAA Platinum level patrons are registered FREE for performing
- CFAA Gold level Patrons ($250) pays $10 / performance
- Non Patrons can participate too for a per performance fee of $30. If you would like to participate FREE or for $10 each for unlimited number of events, please join CFAA as a patron. The registration fee is used for purposes of renting the event location, providing lunch/snacks/tea and the participant gifts.
- For the professional programs by Nithyasree Mahadevan and Priyadarsini Govind, Ticket prices are $30/seat/program for Non Patrons. Patrons as always receive FREE admission to both these events.
- Only Platinum level patrons are allowed to bring in 2 FREE guests for the professional program. Gold level patrons ($250) receive FREE tickets only for their family.
Participate OR Compete ?
- Due to popular demand we are starting a competition option for the performance starting 2012
- Those of you who do not wish to be part of the competition can still participate in RMTU like the years before
- However, in the interest of time, participants can only be part of only one of competition or non-competition section.
- Judges decision will be final with respect to the winners.
- Judges will be highly knowledgeable in the art form of Dance and Music as applicable to the competition, as is expected.
- Judges will be assigned to a particular competition category only on the day of the festival. This will not be available earlier taking into account last-minute situations that we might face, judges availability, etc. Please do not contact us asking for the names of the judges
- While we strive for transparency and fairness, request to view the scores will not be entertained. All efforts will be made by organizing team of CFAA to make sure the judging will be as fair and clean as possible.
- Participating students, parents and Gurus are requested not to contact the judges directly for any questions on the day of the competition, during the competition or after the competition for results, etc. All questions/concerns - please send email to email@example.com. We request your cooperation in this regard. All emails received will be answered to the best of our abilities.
Food at RMTU
- Food will be catered starting this year. We will no longer have the potluck
- Food for participants is included in the registration fee
- Non Participants can buy food at a nominal price of $5 / lunch box as well as other snacks and refreshments
Are you ready to be part of this divine fun ?