CFAA is presenting another unique opportunity for all the upcoming artists who practice South Asian Fine Arts to perform in front of the esteemed Colorado audience.
Starting early 2012, we are launching a series to showcase the future masters of these artforms right here in Colorado.
What is Kalanjali ?
- A platform for the future stars of South Asian Fine Arts right here in Colorado
- Theme of the art form & accompaniments are selected by the artists and presented to CFAA for approval
- You, the artist, gets an hour to present your art form
- CFAA Patrons and the Public are offered the event free of cost
- Artists will not be paid for their presentations. Neither will we be able to reimburse any expenses the artists incur in preparing and presenting the programs
- Artists are chosen from the list of applications (local, national, international) received by CFAA
- We will have 3, hour long programs at each event by 3 different artists
- You perform Carnatic, Hindustani, Vocal, Instrumental, Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, Dance-Dramas, Plays and other rare fine arts
- While we prefer solo performances for most art-forms, performances presented by multiple artists are also allowed provided this is presented in a way that in unique, exciting and do justice to the fine arts space.
When is Kalanjali ?
- The exact date of the Kalanjali programs will be determined in consultation with the artists who are selected to perform at these events
- Multiple dates could be available during the year for performances
- We will publish the date of the first Kalanjali program around mid November, 2011
When can I apply to perform for Kalanjali ?
- You can start applying for Kalanjali right away (starting Oct 15th, 2011).
How do I get answers for my questions regarding Kalanjali ?
You can email CFAA at email@example.com or contact any of the CFAA Board of Directors
How are the artists selected by CFAA ?
- CFAA Board of Directors carefully reviews every application it receives and makes final decisions based on several important factors
- CFAA Board will try and create an event that will typically have 3 performances, in most cases in different artforms
- If there is a backlog of performances that are approved by CFAA, the board will work with the artists to find slots for them at future Kalanjali events
- Decisions of the board will be final in all matters pertaining to Kalanjali
- While we want to promote all artists, please understand that it may not be possible for us to do so
- While we prefer to see more local artists perform, Kalanjali is open to any artists from any part of the world
Why is CFAA doing this ?
- CFAA is a charitable organization involved in promoting several artforms and artists who perform these artforms
- As part of the charitable activities we want to try and provide a platform for those artists who don't get enough opportunity to present their work
Apply to Perform for Kalanjali Series
Before, presenting an RFP (Request for Performance) to CFAA for Kalanjali, please make sure that you have the following information ready
Once you have the information listed above, please email them to Ajay Menon
- A Short Summary of the proposed program not exceeding 10 lines
- Total duration of the program - This cannot exceed 1 hour
- A resume / personal profile of the artist. If you have a website, you can point us to that too
- Any performances on Videos (Youtube or otherwise), Audio files (MP3s etc.)
- A letter of recommendation/email from your teacher/Guru. If you do not have a Guru at this point of time, please provide 2 letters of recommendations from 2 peers (artists who perform the same artform)